Thursday, July 8, 2010

18. Wear a dress for no reason

After waking up and groggily putting on the first thing I saw (which happened to be an almost pink sundress) I made my way out the door to start my day.
I am not a very "girly" girl I guess you could say. I much prefer the comfort of shorts to wearing a dress or skirt. I rarely ever wear dresses, and when I do there is usually some reason behind it, such as grad or a birthday party or a special event or occasion.
So today without realizing what I had done I walked out of my house wearing a dress...for no particular reason at all.
I must say, I did enjoy it. I felt a lot more feminine, and even though I felt as though a lot more people were staring at me as I walked by I didn't really mind like I usually do.
The small heat wave the lower mainland is experiencing might have tapped in to my subconscious and given me the thought that perhaps a dress would keep me cooler than my usual shorts and shirt. I must say that it did.
Maybe it was just my imagination, but I felt more confident in a way, knowing that I could in fact wear a dress for no reason and the world did not end.
For those people out there who don't believe that I actually wore a dress today, my witnesses are Brian Russell and Stephen Borgen, who I spent a good portion of the day with.

After spending a hot sunny day in a light summer dress I can honestly say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...and I might even do this again. It was refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment