Wednesday, July 28, 2010

9. Turn my cellphone off for a week

I may have partially cheated with this task, but to me, it still counts as being completed. My family and I were invited to Toronto for my cousin's wedding. It being an east indian wedding we planned to go for 7 days in order to be there for most of the parties and traditions.

Having my cellphone off for a week wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think that all the wedding preparation and planning and partying may have helped to take my mind off it. It was refreshing not checking my phone every couple of minutes, and constantly texting someone wondering what they were up to. But, it was also strange, a couple of times I caught myself almost going in to my bag, picking up my phone and turning it on...just to see if there were any messages. I managed to control myself and keep my phone off for the full 7 days, until I landed back in Vancouver.

I wouldn't mind turning my phone off again for a short period of time, because it did relieve some stress, but unfortunately I do not think that will happen until my vacation outside of the province, as I am completely addicted to my cellphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment