Monday, October 25, 2010

41. Be vegetarian for one month

I did it. It took a lot of determination, but I was able to go for an entire month without eating meat, which for me is a very big deal because I love meat. For almost the entire month of October, and the end of September not a single piece of meat entered my body, I am quite proud of myself for accomplishing this on my list, as I have tried to be vegetarian before and failed miserably within one week. My parents refused to help me, so I was forced to make all my food myself and I actually really enjoyed it. There is something relaxing about cooking in a way, and I was able to make some dishes that were delicious. Even things like lasagna, that are traditionally made with meat, I made with peppers and other vegetables instead. Although I had to skip out on the turkey dinner this year for Thanksgiving I didn't really mind, after the first week I didn't even find myself thinking about chicken or beef, and it got easier day by day. Until the last week, that was when I started couting down the days I had left until I could eat meat again, which was a very poor decision on my part.
But I managed to succeed and I am very proud. I might even take a break from meat again it was refreshing to have more vegetables, in a way I felt like I had more energy and I felt as if I was eating healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment