Saturday, August 7, 2010

26. Bellydance

I have always wanted to try bellydancing because I thought it looked really cool. A friend of mine, Trisha Caspersen, had a video that taught a couple of moves and what was said to be "a very easy beginner's routine". That was not the case. After five minutes I had already broken a sweat and was completely exhausted. I somehow managed to complete the 90 minute video and somewhat mastered the "easy" routine. When I woke up this morning I was sore from head to toe, I could barely even move because some of the moves from the video involved moving in ways I didn't even think were possible. I must admit though, although it was very difficult, bellydancing is a lot of fun. I borrowed the video from Trisha and have promised myself that I will work on the routine once a day until I believe that I have completely mastered it. It is a fantastic workout as well, because you are using muscles that you normally would not use and well as building stamina by working on cardio at the same time. I wanted to take bellydance classes, but I think that the video will do the job for now.

1 comment: